Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Made A Difference

to this one! Many people have asked us how we can handle volunteering at the pound. The tale of Toby is a great example of the joy that this project brings us. Toby is an eight year old border collie that was fading fast in the shelter. He is a large (overweight) older dog that had a slim chance for survival. He was very sad - depression leads to a lowered immune system which leads to kennel cough which leads to ....euthanasia. Time was critical, so we posted stories about him on http://dogsindanger.com/ and http://phoenix.craigslist.org/pet

Someone saw him on craigslist - here is part of her post: "After seeing this adorable freckle-faced fur baby posted on here numerous times in addition to dogs in danger: Despite the fact our house is "full" and we already have three dogs...I couldn't bare the thought of him sitting there any longer. This boy had been there for over a week and I just knew that his time was running out. I trucked over there today to meet him and let me tell you.. what a doll. He's so mellow, good with my kids. He just wants to be loved. " Aaahhhh - I love a happy ending.

So that's why we do it - it makes a difference - one at a time!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats! that is an amazing story - you should feel very good :) I am so happy that he found a home and that he will be loved :)