Wednesday, February 20, 2008

O'Malley the Alley Cat

I am sitting here at the computer tonight with my wild boy O'Malley curled up on my lap - purring his little heart out. There is a storm outside - cold rain, booming thunder, flashing lightning but he knows that he's safe and warm inside with me. He didn't always have it so good -

O'Malley the Alley Cat is one of our rescue pets. He's lived with us for about 3 years. We discovered him when he was 6 to 7 weeks old - living out of the dumpster and scrap tires behind the business complex.

He was terrified of human beings. Every day at 4 o'clock - I would go out to feed him. The first couple of days, he would not come out into the open. But eventually he began to get used to me. I would talk to him and promise him that he would have a good home and that all kittens deserve to have full tummies and lots of toys to play with. Every day, I would put the food bowl closer to where I stood. It took two weeks to get close enough to touch him. I'll finish the rest of the story tomorrow.........................

4 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Just stopped by to say hi and let you know that you've been tagged!

Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.nrl

Rosebud Collection said...

I think the story is beautiful..I had
a few cats dumped in our barn..still have two here.

Cindy and Matt said...

Thanks Rosebud - I don't know how people can do that!

Cindy and Matt said...

Hi tizzalicious - this is my first tagging!!!!!! I will try and figure it all out tonight.