Friday, July 25, 2008

Stephanie & Nicholai: A Rescue Tale

I love to share a great rescue story. This tale is from Stephanie and is about her little Lhasa named Nicholi.




Stephanie: "We rescued Nicholi when he was 3 from a Lhasa Rescue. His owner had surrendered him claiming he was too much of a 'guard dog.' The rescue believed that his owner had picked him up and threw him to try to get him to stop barking. He's needed A LOT of love and patience, but rescuing a dog is about the best thing in the world. -If you're ever considering rescuing, do it! Just be prepared for some work in the beginning..and know eventually the love and trust they give you will out way any negative behaviors they came with.




Sure you can post my little guys story on your blog! I think it serves several really good purposes.

First, he's proof that you can get the little dogs at rescues, which for some reason people think you can't do.

Second, I like to point out that you have to research about the dogs breed before you do get them. Yes my Nicholi is cute and little and fluffy, but good lord does he have Lhasatude! That is the whole reason someone abused him. They didn't like that he barked when people came to the door, so she would pick him up and toss him to shut him up.

Lastly, I really think rescues seem to give back even more love than you can imagine once they realize they are in a forever home. Sorry to go on and on, I'm sure this is stuff you already know! I think all people who rescue animals are really passionate about it. Everyone I've met that has rescued always has a great story to tell. Thanks for showing off my Nicholi on your blog!" -Stephanie

Thanks so much to Stephanie for rescuing this sweet little boy and sharing his story.

PS - Check out Stephanie's blog at
http://cabbagesandkings-art.blogspot.com

We'd love to hear your animal rescue tales too!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so touched that you'd share my little Nicholi's story with everyone! Thanks so much! :)

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet, story!

Cindy and Matt said...

He's a beautiful little dog - so lucky to have you.